Humified Compost / Soil Essence Elite N+
Soil Essence Elite N+™ is an ecologically friendly, cost effective way to give your lawn, house plants, and container plants the nitrogen they crave.
It is unlike any other soil amendment on the market. Elite N+™ is an ultra biologically active, all organic amendment blended with an optimal amount of nitrogen fertilizer. Our microbial workforce stabilizes the nitrogen insuring that valuable nutrients are not leached during irrigation.
- Application Rate
Soil Essence Elite N+ contains humified compost, worm compost, compost tea, sea kelp, fish protein, feather meal, paramagnetic rock dust, Endo/Ecto mycorrhizal fungi, solution (micronized) and agricultural grade calcium sulfate, calcium phosphate, and calcium carbonate, iron sulfate, boron, natural sulfur, Sul-po-mag, plus additional mined humates, 19 strains of beneficial bacteria and trichoderma species, carbohydrates, amino acids, and inorganic nitrogen.
Apply to your soil until it feels good…or, use 1 part Soil Essence Elite N+™ blended with 11 parts of the soil or potting mix you wish to amend.
1 inch of Elite N+™ amends your soil to a depth of 11 inches. Apply to the surface of the soil and work into the top 1 to 4 inches- "The ahhhhhh-robic zone." On lawns, topdress with 1/4 inch and rake out evenly. Split applications of 1/8 to 1/4 inch several times during the season will provide incredible results.
A 1/2 cubic foot bag of Soil Essence Elite N+™ will amend 5.5 cubic feet of your favorite bagged planting mix or approximately 50 sq. ft. of planting area when applied at 1/8 inch.
Just like our Soil Essence Elite™, some of the benefits are:
- Humus is a complex material formed during the breakdown of organic matter and contains humic acid which provides many binding sites for plant nutrients. These nutrients are stored in the humic acid molecule in a form readily available to plants and are released when the plants require them.
- Humus is a source of necessary organic carbon and nitrogen.
- Humified compost supplies humic acids which expand clay colloids in the soil, creating a porous structure which allows oxygen to penetrate.
- Humus holds FOUR TIMES its weight in water, increasing the soil’s water management capacity through the reduction of runoff, evaporation, and mineral leaching.
- Humified compost dramatically increases the number of beneficial microorganisms along with a large dose of the enzymes, root stimulants, and humic compounds that they produce.
- The nitrogen-fixing bacteria found in humified compost convert atmospheric Nitrogen into plant usable, organic Nitrogen compounds.
- When supplemental mineral nutrients are mixed with humified compost, they combine chemically with the humic acids to form soluble (plant available) compounds.
- Humic acids buffer the minerals across a wide pH range.
- While plants utilize a variety of different minerals such as Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potassium, and Magnesium (all naturally available in high-quality Humus!), Calcium is used in plants by weight and volume more than any other mineral element. It is the ONE ELEMENT not available through the atmosphere to plants and is also mobile in the soil so it must be constantly replenished. The more Calcium a plant absorbs, the greater its ability to attract nutrients from the atmosphere, especially Nitrogen, Potassium, Magnesium, and Carbon Dioxide.
- The minerals are especially important because they build and nurture the microbial workforce found in Humus, giving them the tools they need to work with. When microbes digest the minerals and add them to their bodies they chelae the minerals, thereby keeping them from becoming “tied up” in the soil. The minerals from these microbial exudates always remain available for plant uptake.
- Whether you are growing food crops or ornamentals, addressing the mineral needs of your plants will result in more nutritional food and hardier plants. The higher the mineral content of a plant, the higher the sugar content will be. The higher the sugar content of the plant, the lower the temperature will have to fall before the plant’s tissues will begin to freeze!
- When vermicompost (compost created using millions of redworms with mesophilic temperatures below 113 degrees Fahrenheit) is added to our humified compost/mineral blend, a unique biological profile is created due to the unique population of beneficial soil microbes provided. Vermicompost also contains redworm eggs, additional natural nutrients, and trace minerals.
- Seaweed contains the ocean’s natural balance of minerals, all major and minor plant nutrients, all trace elements, alginic acid, vitamins, auxins, at least two gibberellins (natural plant hormones), and natural antibiotics. Seaweed also contains substantial amounts of cytokinins, plant hormones that prevent leaf aging and are natural growth promoters.
- The use of hydrolyzed fish increases the fungal balance and diversity of the soil, acting as an additional food source for beneficial soil microbes. Fish is also an excellent natural source of Nitrogen.
- The use of additional humates will increase the diversity of the existing humates unique to our Soil Essence Humus, will increase the Cation Exchange Capacity of your soil, and is also effective in sequestering and encapsulating sodium in high salt soils.
- Adding mycorrhizal fungi to this blend creates a synergistic relationship with plant roots to supply nutrients to the plants up to 100 times more effectively than the roots alone!
- Paramagnetic rock dust provides subtle energies conducive to increased plant growth.